About Rest API in the QAD
Rest API (Application Programming Interface) is a software architecture approach that was created in 2000 by Roy Fielding, one of the authors of the HTTP protocol specification. The idea behind Rest API is to provide a set of standards and principles for creating scalable and flexible web services that can be easily accessed and consumed by other applications.
Rest API is widely used in modern web applications, allowing different systems and platforms to communicate with each other efficiently and at scale. Additionally, Rest API offers a number of benefits in terms of security, performance, and flexibility, making it a popular choice among software developers worldwide.
Missing this integration model, Vockan in partnership with WWS Software created the Rest API solution for use in QAD’s ERP. This solution can be used for all QAD customers.
Please, reach out to us to get more information.
The use of Rest API in the manufacturing industry
REST APIs have become increasingly popular in the manufacturing industry to improve efficiency and productivity. With the help of RESTful APIs, manufacturing companies can easily connect to different systems and devices, allowing them to access, manage, and share data and information in real-time.
Some of the ways in which RESTful APIs are used in the manufacturing industry include:
- Process automation: RESTful APIs are used to connect and integrate automation systems, enabling the transfer of data between different systems and processes quickly and efficiently.
- Quality control: RESTful APIs are used to collect real-time data from sensors and other devices, allowing manufacturers to monitor and control product quality in real-time.
- Inventory management: RESTful APIs are used to access real-time inventory information, allowing manufacturers to manage their stock more efficiently.
- Production management: RESTful APIs are used to manage production in real-time, allowing manufacturers to monitor and control the production of their products.
- Preventive maintenance: RESTful APIs are used to monitor machine and equipment performance in real-time, allowing manufacturers to identify issues and take corrective measures before equipment failure occurs.
In summary, RESTful APIs are playing an increasingly important role in the manufacturing industry, allowing manufacturers to improve efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, and increase product quality.